Orange Grapefruit Sorbet
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 7 orange peel strips
- 5 grapefruit peel strips
- 3 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- you can add 2 table spoons of orange liquor or vodka ( NOT for children)
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water, orange and grapefruit peels to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; discard the peels. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, orange liqueur and reserved sugar mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
Little tip : You can use the peels to serve your sorbet ! Be careful when peeling your fruit, to make sure they can be used as bowls.
Leave a Reply