Beef and Mushroom Shepherd’s Pie
- 450 grams organic minced beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 225 grams organic mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 240 ml beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 60 ml organic milk
- 60 ml organic butter
- 60 grams shredded organic cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a large skillet, cook minced beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add onions and garlic to the skillet and cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas and remove from heat.
- In a separate pot, boil chopped potatoes until tender. Drain and mash with milk, butter, and salt to taste.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a large baking dish and spread mashed potatoes over the top.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the mashed potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your homemade organic Beef and Mushroom Shepherd’s Pie!
Leave a Reply